80's flashback.

aaaahhh....the 80's. possibly my favourite decade EVER. the music, the hair, the tv shows...it definitely was a memorable time.  it was also the year that i was born.


to celebrate this decade and some of my memories i chose the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic collection to help me do just that.  such a timeless and beautiful collection of patterns and embellishments. i instantly knew that i would be able to tell my story and share my memory just the way i wanted too.


because i was using a photo of my mom and me when i was baby, i wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on our relationship and how we have grown.  both together in our relationship, and as separate individuals.  i wanted to honour the memory and celebrate the journey we have shared and continue to embark on.  i thought writing a letter to my mom would be the perfect way.


I used the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic 12 x 12 patterned paper in Beautiful Songs as my background page.  I added some simple stitching to the edges, rounded the corners and added some walnut stain distress ink. I chose my photo and used one of the vintage chic mini memory files to mat it on (seriously how cute are those polka-dots?).  I then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the words 'dear' and 'mom' from the Heidi Swapp Digital Mothers Day kit from her online shop.  Once I had that all glued down I added edges and a butterfly that I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo for additional embellishments using Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic patterned paper.  I also layered the Heidi Swapp mini tags and some stamping using the Heidi Swapp memory file stamps. I also used a Heidi Swapp mini memory file label and a Heidi Swapp butterfly mask.



Inside the mini memory file I placed a recent photo of my mom and I as well as my letter to her.  I wanted to take a moment to recognize her and all that she has and continues to do for me.  As similar as we can be, we are very different individuals which sometimes can make things difficult.  We work very hard to not allow those traits to stand in our way and no matter the differences, what we share is truly priceless. I am eternally grateful to have been blessed with a mother like her and I just really wanted to acknowledge that and say thank you.

I hope that this layout has inspired you to want to look at some of your older photos differently and maybe has sparked some inspiration to scrapbook a few.  Of course we will never be able to scrapbook every single photo we take and print, but celebrating those that stand out a little more for whatever reason is a great place to start.

No matter the time, season, year or memory one thing is for sure.  The Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic collection is a perfect way to get started on celebrating your treasured memories and is truly awesome for making pretty stuff!

1 comment

  1. Awe...I love this. Your mom is beautiful!
    THanks for sharing and inspiring me to do something special with just me and my mom!
    Hope your having fun in Hawaii!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top