on trend: back to school with heidi swapp cinch kits & the minc.

Hello everyone! It's Lindsay here, and I am SO excited to share today's project with you.
Ahhh....Back to School.  Some people love, others...not so much.  Well, regardless of whether you are Team Summer or Team School, the season is upon us.  So why not make it cute and stylish?  The school year brings routines and schedules back into full focus, so I wanted to inspire you all and show you just how wonderful the Heidi Swapp Cinch Kits are in keeping us all on track...and on trend!



My project today is a super cute planner, journal, notebook....whatever you want it to be!  I left the inside pages blank (except for a few I 'jazzed' up) so you could envision just how awesome this would be for YOU.
I incorporated some of my latest favourite tools to complete my project.  Lately these are my "go-to" must haves and yes, I am obsessed.  Not only did I use the 'Play Album' Heidi Swapp Cinch Kit,   but also my Heidi Swapp Minc Machine.  Foil touches??? Yes, please!  



OK, so now it's time for a closer look!
Again, I left most of the pages blank inside so you can envision just how wonderful these Cinch Kit Albums are for customization and personalization...literally whatever your needs may be!

You may also notice some brand NEW Heidi Swapp products gracing my project.  Yes...these are all new to Michaels and are showing up on store shelves now!  Woo hoo!
Alright, so to create my album covers I decided to cover both chipboard album covers with 12x12 Polka Dot Minc 5th Avenue paper.  I simply ran through one sheet of 12x12 paper with gold foil and voila!  Beautifully gold foiled polka dots.  Be still my beating heart... 


I then covered both chipboard covers with this paper and trimmed off excess. 


​Once my covers were complete, I then added this super cute fun embellishment to the corner.  These are all NEW items for Heidi Swapp at Michaels.  I used some of her new decorative tags, (one I added some additional Minc paper to), stickers (noted) and how about that ADORABLE bow??? Swoon.... I adhered it to my album using that beautiful mint green coloured clip.  Again, all NEW to Michaels. :)


I love these water colour tags that come with this Cinch album.  Not only are they watercolour but they have fun die cuts on them.  To alter this tag a bit, I simply added some gold Heidi Swapp Marquee Love glitter paper to the back.  


Next, the chipboard page dividers...


In the kit they come plain white.  I wanted to add a little something to them before I cinched my album together.  I chose one of my favourite 12x12 Minc papers (this time from the 12x12 Minc Signature Collection) and ran it through my Minc with gold foil.  I absolutely love the sentiment on this paper and had to include it.  Once it was complete, I adhered the paper to my divider and trimmed off excess.  I sanded down the edges for a little distressed look.


Next, I wanted to add some notebook paper.  So instead of adding just random paper, I used this beautiful notebook from Heidi Swapp's Wanderlust collection.  These notebooks are the best for incorporating into projects as they are the perfect size, and the Cinch machine punches through these books like a dream.


I love the lined paper that is included in this notebook as well.
You can see behind this notebook above is another clear tabbed page (included in the kit) as well as another chipboard divider page that I also covered in the Minc Signature 12x12 paper.


My last page that I included in my album is this die cute 'smile'.  I think I may just end up leaving this plain white, not too sure yet.  They are gorgeous pieces nonetheless.


Once all my pages were completed, I used my Heidi Swapp Cinch machine to easily bind it and put it all together.  I love that these albums already come with the perfectly sized coil as well.  And yes...it's even gold ;)

Below I have created a little video where I flip through my album.  (My apologies for when my album is a bit off centre...) However I hope this little video helps give you an even better view into my project!




I hope you have been inspired in some way today with just how wonderful these blank albums are to transform and customize.  There are SO many options with what you can do with these beautiful blank canvases.  When Heidi Swapp and her amazing products make things this fun and cute to alter...who doesn't want to be organized for the upcoming school year? Right? ;) Thanks for stopping by everyone, have fun and make pretty stuff!
Cheers to back to school!


No comments

Back to Top