Hello Memory Dex!

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay here.  Today I truly cannot contain my excitement! I have never been more pumped for a release than I am about this gorgeous all NEW Heidi Swapp MemoryDex Spinner.  Isn't it absolutely beautiful?


They are available in both black and white, and will be available in both independent and online stores very soon...so stay tuned! 
I always love anything that is a source of immediate visual inspiration.  So when this little (but not so little) beauty graced my workspace, I honestly have never been more inspired!


These beautiful spinners come in both black and white, and can we not stop and talk about the gorgeous gem turn handles for just one moment please?  Seriously, they are amazing.


So here is a little sneak peek into my MemoryDex so far.  I have it FULL of stuff that just makes me happy.  Sometimes, I will just take a few moments and create a card for my MemoryDex.  Filling this beauty has turned into such a great creative exercise for me.  I love creating different cards, whether it be with quotes, photos, or just pretty paper...they are so much fun to make.


Today I am going to share with you my newest additions that I created for my MemoryDex.  They are a mix of old and new product.  I have found that creating these cards is also such a fun way to use up one's stash.  I also love to mix and match.  So here we go!




My first card, (also the one that serves as my "title" card when sitting on my desktop) is a collaboration effort.  I thought it was most fitting to use the 'September' MemoryDex card from the 'monthly' set.  I love that these just come clean and white, with gold foiled dates on the tab.  So fun to use and help to organize your MemoryDex for whatever theme you are choosing to do!  I layered the gold foiled 'hi' MemoryDex card on top of it from the 'gold foil acetate' set.  I then added a cute little tag and hot pink love sticker (from the new Michaels collection) and simply clipped it on using a white bull dog clip (also new and from Michaels).


This 'Everyday Fabulous' card I created using one of the patterned MemoryDex cards and incorporated my MINC.  The 'everyday' is a foil rub on.  I chose to use pink foil and after applying my rub on, simply ran it through my MINC on setting 0 just to allow the machine to apply the best even pressure to adhere my foil.  I then added the 'fabulous' sticker, adorable pink bow (new to Michaels) and a gold chipboard triangle (from Memory Planner collection) and stitched on a pink glitter tag (also avail at Michaels).


I always love incorporating quotes into my MemoryDex.  I also love the cards from the Address Book MemoryDex set for this reason.  I love using the alphas to serve as a prompt or guide when adding quotes.  I simply typed out this quote stitched it on my card and then added my embellishments.  This time I added some of the beautiful new washi that is new to Michaels on this card, as well as the gorgeous gold puffy stickers and mint green sticker.


These next cards are so fun.  What I did here was incorporate some of my favorite cards and accents from the brand new Heidi Swapp Project Life.  Because they are 4x4 size, they fit perfectly into the MemoryDex spinner.  So here I took a chipboard frame, and a 4x4 floral card and simply used my punch to add them into the spinner.   I love the interactivity it adds and how it is just another use for additional stash!  Sometimes with Project Life you can be left with duplicate cards or supplies, so this is a fabulous way to use up those duplicates in a new way! :)


I created the 'dream big, sparkle more, shine bright' embellishment from a freebie that Heidi Swapp had made available a few weeks back.  I printed on white cardstock and then simply ran through my MINC with hot pink foil.  Adhered with some dimensional tape and voila!  How fun is this?


This last card is probably my latest favorite.  I LOVE the 'dream big' washi that I used to create the cards background.  I simply just placed multiple strips atop the card, trimmed off the excess to reveal a gorgeous customized background.  I then added some fun extras from the Memory Planner collection and the 'today' note is brand new to Michaels (along with the stamp 'remember that' from the new Project Life stamp set).  I used a super cute butterfly clip to finish it off from my stash...I believe it was from last years Memory Planner collection.




So, because sometimes with certain products photos just do not do it entirely justice...I also created a little video below that you can check out.



A little more 'up close and personal' flip through with my MemoryDex. Enjoy everyone!  Hope you love this brand new release as much as I do.  It's just so gorgeous!

2 comments

Back to Top